Friday, February 15, 2013

Identity crisis

Don't get me wrong, I love everything about being a mom and adore my child more than I ever knew possible and I don't think you truly know what love is until you have a baby. I am not sure what's happened to me though! My life has changed so much so fast that its left me confused on who I am!!! I lived a shallow little life inside a bubble before Finley- I enjoyed nice things, nice dinners, having few responsibilities, socializing and traveling when we could! Now my days consist of feeding and changing a baby. I barely get breakfast or lunch most days and don't even realize it until its almost dinner! He comes first so naturally that I forget about myself. This is perfectly fine until its time to socialize. I get so excited to get out for a few hours, but find myself with little to talk about. I have nothing to say except stuff about the day time tv I watch and the cute noises and coos my baby makes! Unless my friends want to hear about feeding and changing diapers and looking at hundreds of pictures, I have nothing to talk about. I don't care about clothes,shopping,traveling...it's all about my tiny little baby right now. It's fine by me, but I am totally self conscious because I know no one but Zach really wants to hear it! It's easier talking to pregnant friends and definitely friends with babies, but single friends with no children are very hard to relate to right now. Their life is interesting to me, but I know the opposite isn't true so I just get awkward and don't want to talk at all!!!! My friends with kids assure me this will pass, but for now it's an identity crisis! The flood of hormones can't help the situation,but I find myself lately questioning who the hell I am, how a mom is supposed to behave and just when will I care about Chanel jewelry or a trip to the Bahamas again!? I am content but my old self would slap my new self in the face and make me drink until I couldn't talk! Oh we'll, I guess with time comes some balance but for now its just feeding, changing, watching and loving on the best thing that's ever happened to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment