Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Week 37

The countdown is ON! We officially have 19 days left until Finleys due date!!! Its so crazy to think that we are SO close! We have been told that I probably wont make it until my due date, but the closer it gets, the more I think he may just come on time or be a little late! I am fine with being pregnant for 19 more days.. I honestly have a good bit of stuff left to do before I feel like everything is 100% in place!
I am not overwhelmed or anxious really (today). If the baby came, he has more than enough stuff to last him his entire first year, but the stuff just isnt ogranized! That will come! I am placing my last restoration hardware order today for organizational things.. bookshelf, hanging shelves, etc.. once that is all in I can finally organize!

I had my stiches removed last Wednesday and everything went great! we arrived at the hospital around 5 am and got settled in. The IV was once again, the worst part! Those stupid nurses literally stuck me 4 times before deciding to call an anesteseologist to come put it in!!! what  a nightmare! I was a little worried and nervous before surgery, but with the help of some fetanoyl I didnt care if they cut my legs off and glued them back on at that point!! I will be requesting fetanoyl on the hour, every hour until my sweet Finn arrives!! My stiches were out in literally 5 minutes and I stayed numb for a good 4-5 hours. Some pretty crazy stuff happened swelling wise that I wont even write down because its just too graphic!!! I was dilated to 1 cm and 50% effaced... My doctor and nurse figured I would go into labor in the next 2 weeks.. sometime in my 38th week, but really... who KNOWS!? Once again, no rush. I am not terribly uncomfortable and the symptoms that do suck, I have adapted! I have been losing what I think is my mucous plug the last few days. Its pretty gross, but also exciting that something is happening!!

We celebrated christmas for what feels like an entire week now! My mom and sister and aunt kitty and Uncle Mike came to town Saturday and we exchanged gifts and had a lovely sit down prime rib dinner.  My sister and husband went out and I went on to bed! 9 months pregnant isnt a great look for the bar! Zach hadnt been out in awhile and I swear it took him 2 full days to recover! I was happy that he really blew it out with all his friends before Finley arrives!
We did christmas eve at his grandmas house and exchanged gifts there as well and had pot roast! We spent the entire christmas day at Zachs parents house. It was relaxing and laid back...until 6 more relatives showed up with a dog and the place got a bit hectic! Hectic is not something you like at 9 months pregnant! But thats family and it was great to be around so many family members!! As far as gifts, zach and I racked up this year! we got so much money and presents for the baby! It was nice because Zach and I decided not to exchange gifts this year. There wasnt anything either of us wanted or needed and with the baby being sio close, we just didnt feel like messing with christmas this year!! We didnt even put out a single decoration! We know next year will be a big year for christmas gifts and decor so we let this one slide!!

I am looking forward to finishing out these last few days or weeks of pregnancy! I just cant believe that at the end of all of this, we get to bring home a baby! It just seems surreal. I am not really sure what exactly it all entails and what it will bring to our daily lives, but to say I am excited is an understatement. I love this little guy so very much and cant wait for all of us to get to know each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment