Monday, December 31, 2012

week 38.. still hanging in there!

Today marks 38 weeks. The last few weeks havent been so bad, but I guess with a possible 2 weeks left.. there is still time for the tears and feelings of being pregnant forever to come!
I really am still content with being pregnant. I am not terribly uncomfortable..maybe because I have only gained 20 pounds, which doesnt sound like too much being at the end of the pregnancy road, but it really does get heavy when the baby has dropped (which Finley has). It feels like a big brick stitting on your pelvic bone..lots of pressure and its the worst when you have to pee in the middle of the night..talk about a waddle!! and perhaps the worst about him being so low is that the inside of my legs kill so bad sometimes that I nearly fall to the ground..I have actually fallen to the ground in pain. I am not sure exactly what it is, but its the inner part of my leg where the inner thigh meets the pubic bone.. it feels like it is being ripped off!!!!! I certainly WILL NOT miss that!

Yesterday, we had our car seats re installed at the fire station. I am pretty obsessed with the Mxi Cosi line and zach and I each have one for the car.. his will transition from infant to a 70 pound toddler and mine is a great infant carrier. Its funny to be so excited about car seats, but I cant help it! Car seats are exciting!!

I didnt think I would ever be a woman who would miss a single thing about being pregnant, but last night..for the first time, I really held on tight to the feeling it gave me to have Zach roll over and put his hand on my stomach. I realized that it wont happen for much longer and it only happens for such a short period of your life that I really cherished that moment. You cant really put into words the feeling you get when you feel your baby moving and your husbands hand there as well. Its one of the best feelings in the world and my little family just feels so safe and sweet when we lay like that. I think that is the thing I will miss the most, having everyone right there on me so content and safe!

The other thing I will miss is how freaking nice people are to pregnant women! Its insane!!! I was never nice to a pregnant person.. I always kind of dodged them.. thought they were pretty gross if you ask me. So I was really caught off guard at the amount of people that are drawn to you and then want to be super nice as well! Its just mind boggling! I will miss all that special treatment! Even my crazy satanic boss cant resist being extra nice to me since I am pregnant. If it didnt suck so bad and result in a child, I may just stay pregnant forever. I sort of understand that bat shit crazy Duggard family now....

Now, Finelys arrival. Christmas didnt happen. Thats ok, didnt want it to. Tonight is New years eve and I am not feeling in a laboring mood. I dont feel like today is the day. I think he will be much closer to his due date, if not late! If he hits January 18 and I get a choice to induce...I REALLY want 1/23/12. I am super weird about numbers being in an order and I really like the way 1/23/12 looks! Its strange, but I am drawn to this date and kind of need it... So hold out Finley, I have a good feeling about the 23rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment