Monday, October 8, 2012

26 weeks! 2.5 months left! future pregnant self memo


This morning I weighed 142 pounds. Its tough to see that scale creeping up..I have gained a total of 8 pounds now and am feeling it! Although I can still squeeze into some of my pre pregnancy clothes, they are getting more and more snug and not looking so flattering anymore! I am still eating moderately healthy and getting a moderate amount of exercise.. I shoot for 2-3 times a week and an hour workout each time. I wanted to remind my future pregnant self of exactly what I did this time as far as eating and working out because I am very pleased with my body so far..

SO here are some of my tips while its fresh in case I find myself in this perdicament again!! Eat Breakfast! Fiber one cereal bar or high fiber oatmeal have been easy on my stomach and extra fiber helps with constipation from all the pregnancy hormones. Take phenegran and tums for nauseau, but stay away from any other nauseau medicines because of constipation side effects..awful! Try to remember to take prenatal vitamins..gummys are the BEST! During your first trimeseter, you will be more tired than you ever knew possible..SLEEP and try to get in a 30 minute walk 3 times a week. Making a gym class is near impossible during the first trimester so if you are too tired, try a walk and if you only make it 15 minutes, its better than nothing! I slept from 8-8 almost every single night of my first trimester and was still worn out by 2:00 every single day. It passes.
Snack in between meals..even if you are not hungry.. my two favorites have been apples with cow pal cheese and fig newtons with a scoop of peanut butter on top. I typically eat the apple with cheese mid morning..around 11 and the cookies with peanut butter around 4.
Cereal!!!! especially in the second trimester..cereal is a great way to soothe the acid reflux from all of your organs being squished and it also helps keep calories down.
Last tip-remember to even out your diet. I ate what I wanted-but only one time a day. If I wanted a cheeseburger and fries from Mcdonalds, I decided if I would have it for lunch or dinner and all my other meals would be healthy.. if I ate fast food for lunch..my dinner would be cereal. or have cereal for lunch and fast food for dinner..keep breakfast and snacks healthy!! ALWAYS! swap out lunch/dinner for your pregnancy craving meals..so far that has kept my calories right around 1700 per day and my weight gain to a very healthy 1 pound per week!

I have been lucky to not have many cravings- though I cant walk into a grocery store without buying a big juicy orange! and its a must that I eat it on the car ride home. Other than an orange the only other thing I find odd is wanting apple juice in the morning!!

Now that I have that written down, on to the baby...Finley is doing great! Kicking and moving all the time! Its crazy to watch my stomach twitch, the kicks used to startle me, but I have become so used to them I cant even remember what it feels like to not have something moving around in my stomach!

I am nearing my 7th month of pregnancy and strangers are starting to notice the belly more often. Ill be checking out and the cashier will ask when I am due..it still catches me off guard.."what? whens what due? ohhh the belly..the baby.. yeah..JANUARY!!" I went so long without showing that its weird for people to all of a sudden start noticing and commenting!

Odd side effects laterly.. a TERRIBLE bladder! Other than having to pee all the time. I also pee on myself..atleast 3 times a day. If you see me coughing, sneezing or laughing...I have most likely also peed! Gross, yes, but humurous too!
Zach and I plan to get Finleys nursery all clean and organized in the next month. I want everything done by December 1..I have a strange feeling he may be early, but we'll see!
Jose loving on his baby brother! so sweet, but I have a feeling Jose will prefer him in my stomach..these days are now limited Jose..97 more days of you having me all to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment