Monday, October 15, 2012

Last week of my 2nd trimester! 27 weeks!

143.4
                                                 


Goodbye second trimester! Its been fun! No, really though. The best part of pregnancy for me so far has been weeks 24 until now. Month 6 of pregnancy flew by and with very little side effects! The heart burn sucked at times and woke me up a few nights, but it wasnt all that bad. I have finally accepted the 5 am mornings and have grown to like them. I guess it was my bodys way of saying I didnt need all the extra sleep anymore! The only problem with 5 am mornings is boredom!! I have too much energy to sleep..its too dark to go walking..too cold to get out of bed..so I watch tv. and I am sick of the infomercials!!!! NO I DO NOT NEED A NINJA food processor!!!!

I weighed 143.4 this morning! the biggest weight gain I have had so far! a pound an a half from last week! I expected this to happen a few times, but dont get used to a pound an a half every week little Finn or your mama will be one fat bitchy lady! I am still under 10 pound weight gain for the first and second trimesters! I really want to reach an even 10 pound weight gain for the 2 and that gives me room for a good 10-15 pound weight gain in the third trimester! I refuse to put on a pound more than 25 pounds. So Finley, when we hit 25..if we hit 25..you better be ready to make your entrance because this mama wont be feeding you any longer!!! :)

I go to the doctor tomorrow for the glucose test..I have heard mixed opinions on it, but I dont expect it to be bad! I have a good attitude everytime I go because I get to see Finn on the ultrasound! My doctor still checks my cervix length about every 2.5 weeks so I get to see my little guy quite often! I am anxious to see how big he has gotten and what hes up to!
I have had more contractions and abdominal pains the last week so I really hope everything is still holding up and looking good! I would just die if I had to go back on bed rest!!! But we would do whatever needed to be done to ensure Finley has the safest arrival into this world!

Anyway, goodbye second trimester! You have been good to me, but I am so ready to tackle the last trimester!!!!

Wednesday Oct 17: Update from doctor apt
I had my Glucose test yesterday and PASSED!!! I honestly was surprised because I feel like I havent gotten much of a break during this pregnancy in the luck department!!
I saw baby Finley and he is so healthy and sweet! He is weighing in at 2 pounds and 10 ounces...ONLY a pound bigger than the average 27 week old fetus... he will be a chunk like his papa! He definitely had a growth spurt these last 3 weeks..putting on a full pound! Thats definitely where the pound and a half weigth gain came from this week! Slow down, baby..we have another full trimester to fatten you up!
So all is well with mama and baby and we cannot wait for your arrival Finny!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment