Monday, September 17, 2012

23 Weeks of torture




My bump! Getting big!
138.6 was my weight today..1 pound weight gain from last week and almost 5 pounds so far total!
                                          



Its Monday morning and I am officially 23 weeks. I am tired and a bit bitter about being pregnant these days. My stomach is starting to just ache a lot- I think they call it ligament pains! You kick me a lot now and I am often woken up from it! It was sweet at first, but its sort of getting old, dude!
I have started this new thing the last 3 days- waking up at 5 am! Its awful..so unlike me! Maybe its my bodies way of preparing for your arrival..who knows! I would like a say in this 5 am stuff, but no one seems to ask for my approval on functions regarding MY BODY anymore!!!!

I am tired lately and sooo thirsty all the time! Its just wonderful being thirsty and quenching my thirst with a huge Smart Water.. only to get the worst case of acid reflux known to man. I soothe my acid reflux with a cherry antacid softchew..which in turn, makes me bloated. Its fun! God, so fun!
My mood swings are in full force lately..maybe the lack of sleep? Or maybe its because I am growing a human!!!!! The UPS man came into our office this morning and asked me if I minded if he had a mint.. I gritted my teeth and said no, but I really wanted to tell him to GO FUCK HIMSELF. Crazy huh? over a mint..they arent my mints..why does it matter!!!! I know I am crazy, but I cant do anything about it. I am so crazy lately it actually humors me. I find myself dog cussing random drivers on the road for little things like not using a blinker..I havent used a blinker since I passed my driving test in 2003. Seriosuly. Stupid songs that come on the radio piss me off so bad that I sing them in this horrible mocking voice until I either punch the steering wheel or start crying out of annoyance. Seriously. "Remember all the things that you and I did first..now your doing them with her!!!" ahhhhh It makes my skin crawl. Everyone is getting on my nerves and I have no idea why. If they are breathing..it bothers me. Pregnancy at this point has become like a huge dose of PMS..and I am fucking OVER IT. Pregnancy should be treated as a disease.. a very contagious disease..I shouldnt be allowed out of the house and no one should be allowed near me!

On a brighter note, I had my 23 week doctor appointment on thursday..its kind of awesome being a high risk patient because I am catered to..no waiting around for hours..straight to business! Thats how I like my life. I got to see Finley since we do ultrasounds at every visit to check my cervix.. hes so freaking cute! His profile is already identical to Zachs! I cant wait to see this little God we have created in person!

I googled "newborn baby checklist" last week--BIG MISTAKE. I had no idea how much stuff a newborn needs. It was like 3 pages long. I panicked. I started obsessivley ordering all the stuff from the checklist off of nordstroms. New mom mistake, I guess. I paid about 4 times the amount for a bibb that one could pick up at Target. Oh well! Finley is already a bit stuck up..I feel like he is watching me from the womb. I have no problem with Traget..but I think he does. I have this ongoing scenario I play over and over in my head where I bring Finley home and hes like "Ok, your house..I can work with it..now show me to my room." I then so nervously show him his room and he is totally judgmental..inspecting everything.."Yes, oh yes thats great..organic linen..love that. wait what is that? you went to wal mart? No NO have that removed before I return back to my sleeping qurters." He is just very high maintenance and he judges me. Ill be ready though!


Along with ordering tons of probably useless items from Nordstrom, I have picked out his entire nursery and started ordering his things! My mom bought his beautiful bedding! I cant wait to have it finished..I am getting into serious nesting mode! Also, I find that buying things makes my mood better.. sorry, Zach! I have found that even talking about buying things has made my attitude better today already! So, I am off to shop! Gotta keep the pregnant lady happy!




                 


     Above is a picture of Finley at 23 weeks (22w4d) with his little profile identical to Zachs!! awkward picture of Zach, but it shows the profile! Love it! Zachs tiny little twin! Cant wait to buy matching outfits!!                 

                                                    



1 comment:

  1. Hi love, your hilarious! That is such a great profile pic in the sonogram. Oh and the acid reflex is a major bitch it would wake me up too. I never had it until I was prego. Look up more stuff in Maui it will make you happy :)

    see you soon Ms. Prego
    Love Char

    ReplyDelete