Monday, September 24, 2012

Huge Milestone for baby Finn! 24 weeks!


week 24..weight 140! Yikes! Have never seen that number on the scale before! Breathe!
                                    

I am putting my bitchy pregnancy rant aside today because I have been holding my breath waiting to hit 24 weeks! With the huge scare Zach and I had, 24 weeks was the magic number we have been waiting for! A 24 week fetus is considered viable and doctors would intervene to save him if he were born this early. While there is only a 50% chance that he would survive if born at 24 weeks, its better than nothing and puts my mind at ease! The rate of survival only increases after 24 weeks, so hang on little guy!

This past week wasnt so bad, but my energy is starting to fade. I think my weight gain is about to start stedying out to about a pound a week and the extra weight could be making me sleepy. I weighed in at 140 today.. giving me a 1 pound weight gain from last week and 6 pounds total! I have been DREADING seeing the scale hit 140. My body chose the best day to do it because not much can make me feel bad today knowing that I have hit the 24 week mark and Finley will be just fine!

I am in no way obsessing over gaining weight, I eat plenty and I am definitely eating bad foods..Mcdonalds cheeseburgers at least 3 times a week! I have just been slow to gain the weight I guess! Some of my favorite foods these days are bagels, chex cereal, and peanut butter and banana sandwhiches! I was never a big cereal person, but it has been my dinner many of nights lately! The milk helps soothe the awful acid reflux!

I am so excited to get back to my aerobics classes at the gym! I started back last week, but it took it so easy that it was almost like I wasnt there!! I plan to step it up just a bit this week and try to get back in shape for labor and post baby body!

My radius for personal space has greatly increased lately. I dont know what it is, maybe a protective instinct? But I cant stand anyone being too close to me, yet I feel like a magnet! I really noticed it in my aerobics class last week, I got there 10 minutes early to get a good spot in the back corner and was the second person there! I set up my things and had about 6 ft of space with my mat down between me and the next lady. Class starts and a girl comes in and flops her mat down between me and the other lady..she is literally 2 feet away..and the WHOLE room is open! I was fuming! It gets worse, a large african man comes in also late and puts his mat DIRECTLY in front of mine. Now I am blocked in and cant even see myself in the front mirror!! I just cant understand!! Only 5 people total showed up to the class and the class can easily cater to 30. Why on earth did everyone need to crowd me!? I am a human magnent!

The next odd thing is social anxiety..maybe it goes along with my personal space? I was at a shower for my cousin this weekend and the amount of people there made me very uncomfortable! I am typically a pretty social person and enjoy gatherings, but now that I am pregnant I feel very akward!! Maybe a mix of needing more personal space and my growing figure..I feel more like I am on display than part of the gathering. People only talk about the baby and want to touch you..its very weird for me! I wanted to curl up and run the other way! After I got a big plate of food, of course!


I cant wait to have this baby here and in our house! I am starting to get very anxious about it because I know 3 months will fly by and Ill officially be a mom!! I couldnt be happier to be bringing this sweet baby home and I already feel so close to him and such a bond..sounds crazy, but its true! I feel like I know him already and I am very attached to this little guy! Hurry up January!!!!

Happy 24 week pregnant lady today!

No comments:

Post a Comment