Tuesday, September 4, 2012

from the beginning!



Zach and I found out I was pregnant on Tuesday May 8. I took a pregnancy test that morning that came out positive! I proceeded to take 5 more.. which were all positive.VERY POSITIVE! Zach had already left for work so I did what any rational 24 year old newlywed would do.. I took a picture of the positive tests with a caption that read "WHAT DID YOU DO!!!!" Zach was a bit freaked out, but assured me everything would be just fine!! I then called my doctor and scheduled an appointment! I saw the doctor, with Zach by my side, the following tuesday..May 15 and she confirmed that we were, indeed, pregnant! After having a sonogram done at that same appointment the doctor estimated I was 5 weeks 1 day along! I couldnt believe that tiny little spec on the screen would be a baby in 9 months.. I actually didnt really even believe her! It just didnt seem real.
Zach and I heard the baby's heartbeat at my 7 week 1 day doctor appointment on May 29! Hearing the babies heartbeat made everything so real! The tiny spec actually looked like a very tiny human at this appointment. We were flooded with emotion..nervous, scared, excited, but definitely relieved to hear a heartbeat!

I stayed pretty sick from 8-12 weeks! I was so tired some days that I could barely keep my eyes open at work! Luckily for me, most of my nauseau hit at night so work was manageable! Thank you lord for phenegran!!!

I had one scare at 9 weeks. I was really sick the night before and ended up fainting at work from low blood sugar!! It was really scary! I experienced my first case of tunnell vision and 1 millionth case of confusion before passing out! Luckily for me, I had some wonderful co workers to take care of me. My friend, Kellye, even drove me home since Zach works a good 30 minutes away from me!

We announced our pregnancy to Zachs family at his family beach trip the weekend of June 16th..making me 10 weeks pregnant. His family had some mixed emotions about it at first.. after a few sarcastic comments about using birth control, everyone seemed to come around. That trip was no vacation for me. I was sick as a dog most of the time and the 2 minute walk to the beach everyday wore me out! I was a bit of a party pooper, but growing a human is tough work!!!! I spent the majority of the vacation laid out on the cool tile bathroom floor right next to the toilet!! Hopefully, next year I can socialize a bit more..or at least leave the bathroom!!!

My second trimester began in July! By about 14 weeks I was feeling pretty good! Although I had yet to gain a pound by that point! I started out at 134 before pregnancy (about 5 pounds bigger than I like to be..newlywed weight, as I was 125 at our wedding in december and like to stay between 125-130!!) My pregnancy weight  fluctuates between 133 and 136 but mostly stays put at 134! Hopefully I dont pack on the pounds at the end!!

Just when I thought everything was going smooth in my pregnancy..my naseau had subsided and my energy levels were peaking! My 20th week of pregnancy brought us new trials and tribulations..I knew it was too good to last!


Here is my first photo session! May 29. That makes me 7 weeks and 1 day!
                                          

1 comment:

  1. I absolutly love the stories! Great job. I'm glad you had that little surgrey done and your little bump is so cute!! youll be an amazing mom. love you girl!
    char

    ReplyDelete